Have you ever visited an alpaca farm? Yes, an alpaca farm.
My daughter is a huge fan of alpacas, so for her high school graduation, we decided to gift her an experience she would never forget instead of something she’d push to the side and forget about.
I had already become acquainted with Lilymoore Alpaca Farm in Pleasant Valley, NY and was happy to see that they had begun offering their ‘Alpaca Treks’ once again for the season.
What I found was that this was not only an entertaining and memorable experience, but also an educational one due to the hard work and dedication of the owner, Diana.
Although some of these locations are open to the public, please follow these guidelines:
Please be safe.
Practice social distancing, wear a mask, wash hands thoroughly and follow all mandates and recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control (cdc.gov) and NY State and local Governments.
By appointment only
Behind the Scenes Farm Tour – $15
Group Trek – $40
Private Trek – $100
Visiting Lilymoore Alpaca Farm
Things to Know before your visit to Lilymoore Alpaca Farm:
- Lilymoore Alcaca Farm is open year-round
- They will close, though, during inclement weather
- Tours, Treks and Visits should all be scheduled through the webiste
- Appointments are needed prior to a visit.
- Although at the time of this posting, Farm Tours, Private Trek and Group Treks are available, feeding of the animals have been suspended.
What is Lilymoore Alpaca Farm?
Lilymoore is a unique place that many alpacas, several horses, a llama and poultry are thrilled to call home.
The love for alpacas and for her farm radiate from the owner, Diana, as she welcomes all visitors to the farm to meet her alpacas. Her enthusiasm for these lovely animals shows from the beginning of the visit to the end.
Not only does she adore each and every alpaca on her farm, you can see that the feeling is mutual. They are so happy to see her as she walks closer to them and excitedly wait their turn to be addressed and given ‘cookies’.
This alpaca farm offers the opportunity for you to learn about alpacas through farm tours or the Alpaca Buddy Program.
Where is the alpaca farm?
Lilymoore Alpaca Farm is located in Pleasant Valley, NY. Located in Dutchess County, NY this alpaca farm can be found off of the Taconic State Parkway, north of I-84.
If you’re not sure where Pleasant Valley, NY is, it’s north of Lagrangeville, NY.
This part of Dutchess County is full of farms and is a great place to visit.
21 Moore Road
Pleasant Valley, NY
Hudson Valley Guide
Reference this Ultimate Hudson Valley Guide when researching different counties within the region. I include a list of counties, as well as, some of the towns/cities located within each county.
Want to Make a Day of it?
Find more things to do near Lilymoore Alpaca Farm by clicking here
About Lilymoore Alpaca Farm:
Diane and her family purchased a 1840’s farm and created a magical place from the ground up. Renovating the abandoned farm was no easy task but the vision of what it would be motivated them to make it the wonderful place it is today.
According to the website, the alpaca herd is at 25 alpacas and one llama. Diana knows each one by name and knows their personalities all too well.
What can you do at Lilymoore Alpaca Farm?
Take a Tour or a Trek
Please note that reservations/appointments are needed before visiting the farm.
The following activities take place on this special alpaca farm:
- Behind the Scenes Farm Tours – this one-hour tour is a wonderful opportunity to learn all about the farm and the animals that live there. It is both educational and entertaining. This is the perfect opportunity to interact with the animals and learn all about them.
- Group Trek / Alpaca Buddy Program – Walk the beautiful farm side-by-side a charming alpaca. The groups are small and a tour guide remains with the group throughout the entire walk.
- Private Trek /Alpaca Buddy Program – If you’d prefer a private trek, then this is the activity for you! You can have from 2 to 8 people in your group and along with the tour guide, this will be an experience you will never forget.
Visit the Farm Store
Lilymoore Alpaca Farm is the leader in the sale of products made from alpaca fur. The products are extremely soft and hypo-allergenic and perfect for anyone in your family.
The Farm Boutique has a fascinating assortment of products. From keychains to hats, blankets and socks – all made from alpaca fur, this is the perfect place to find something unique for yourself or as a gift.
Some items offered include:
- Baby booties, hats and blankets
- Alpaca socks and beanies
- Children’s hats, gloves, socks and toys
- Large alpaca blankets
The Farm Store is by appointment only. Call, email or DM the farm for an appointment.
Visit the Dreaming of a Chance Farm Animal Sanctuary
In addition to the alpaca farm, the property also houses a large variety of rescued poultry. The Dreaming of a Chance Farm Animal Sanctuary is mainly run by Diana’s daughter, Tiffany.
The love and commitment to rescuing animals is a commitment they have made and the sanctuary showcases their dedication to these precious animals.
A visit to the animal sanctuary is a lesson in unconditional love and will educate you about the lucky poultry that call this place home.
Group Trek Experience at Lilymoore Alpaca Farm
If your looking for a first-rate and extremely unique experience then I recommend visiting Lilymoore Alpaca Farm.
As previously stated, I purchased a ticket for my daughter to do an alpaca trek.
The attention to each guest is impeccable and the experience extraordinary. It’s mo wonder that they were the winner of the TripAdvisor 2020 Travelers’ Choice Award.
CHECK OUT THEIR INSTAGRAM FOR MORE AMAZING PHOTOS
Tips for a Successful Visit to Lilymoore Alpaca Farm
- Be sure to make a reservation and/or appointment before making a trip to the farm
- Be sure to take lots of photos of your visit. You can find some great iPhone photography tips HERE
- Wear comfortable shoes. It is a working farm, so closed-toe shoes are recommended. I love these here
- The Alpaca Buddy Program / Treks are perfect for adults and children ages 9 and older. This is not a good activity for younger children.
- Dogs are not allowed on the alpaca farm.
- Make sure to arrive earlier than your time slot. Tours and Treks begin on time.
LILYMOORE ALPACA FARM
21 Moore Road
Pleasant Valley, NY
WHAT’S NEAR LILYMOORE ALPACA FARM:
- A VISIT TO THE UNIQUE & EDUCATIONAL TREVOR ZOO
- WALKING ON THE WALKWAY OVER THE HUDSON STATE HISTORIC PARK
- BEST THINGS TO DO IN BEACON, NY
Where to Next?
Now that you have learned about Lilymoore Alpaca Farm, let’s see where you should go next…
Until the Next Adventure…
PIN IT FOR LATER!