Images of Innisfree Garden:
A Memorable Afternoon at this Millbrook Garden
My goal this year was to visit as many Hudson Valley outdoor gardens as possible. When I heard that a popular Millbrook garden, Innisfree Garden, was open to the public, I became very excited.
Before my arrival, I had not realized the sheer size of the garden. This Millbrook garden resembles more of a large park/preserve.
My afternoon adventure at Innisfree Garden produced so many images and video that I did not know where to begin in posting this article.
At the time of this posting, you must make a reservation and purchase your time slot ahead of time.
If you’re on the fence about making a visit to Innisfree Garden, then let me convince you with my photographs.
Click below to see some items I always have during my Hudson Valley Outings:
- Because ‘you never know’ when an accident happens, you need a small, portable First Aid Kit from Amazon, like this product in your life. This is a great buy for under $15
- If you’re going to be out all day exploring, you never REALLY know what the weather will be like. Even if you think you do know, it can start raining at any time, so this small life-saver is an essential item. This is another great buy on Amazon for under $15.
Visiting this popular Millbrook Garden:
Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays
Intervals – 10am-12pm; 12:30pm-2:30pm; 3pm-5pm
Adults: $10 | Seniors/Children (up to 15yrs): $5
What is Innisfree Garden?
Innisfree Garden is a beautiful location. Part park, part preserve, part ‘garden’, this immensely popular 185-acre garden is jewel in Dutchess County, NY.
This Millbrook garden is perfect for:
- taking a long walk
- picture taking
- sitting and relax
Things to Know before your Visit to Innisfree Garden:
- Innisfree Garden is situated on a large piece of property, so prepare yourself for a lot of walking.
- This wonderful Millbrook Garden is open seasonally.
- There is ample free parking on the premises.
Changes to Visiting Innisfree Garden during the Pandemic:
- Tickets must be purchased in ADVANCE of your visit. They are NOT SOLD at the gate.
- When purchasing tickets you can choose the 2-hour time block you prefer.
- You must wear a mask while visiting the garden
- Social distancing is mandatory
- Picnicking is NOT allowed (at time of this posting)
Where is This Amazing Dutchess County NY Garden?
Before I showcase the photos I took and where the best spots to take photos are, let’s get into where exactly this place is.
Innisfree Garden is located in Millbrook, NY in Dutchess County.
362 Tyrrel Road
Millbrook, NY 12545
Close to Pleasant Valley, NY, this Millbrook garden is an extraordinary place. It is located 4 miles from the Taconic State Parkway.
About this Asian-Style Millbrook Garden
Of all the open spaces I have visited in the Hudson Valley, Innisfree garden definitely feels the most open and ready to be explored (if that makes any sense).
Due to its expansive grounds (185-acres), this is a place that is best enjoyed and explored with time of your side. There is so much to see that I’m sure several visits are needed in order to ingest it all.
The history to this place is mesmerizing:
Each area of Innisfree Garden was thoughtfully planned and their shared love for the space is evident.
In general, there are probably a few things that attract people to Innisfree Garden, but honestly, after this visit, there is no doubt that I will be making a return visit.
Places to Explore & Images of Innisfree Garden
If you’re looking for a list of other gardens and open spaces in the Hudson Valley, I promise to get that done for you. I am in the process of putting together a list of the best outdoor places to visit.
In this article I want to focus on what you can expect to see and what spots to take wonderful photos when visiting Innisfree Garden.
Tyrrel Lake is the centerpiece of this magnificent Millbrook garden. Every feature created at the garden has been placed surrounding the lake.
Upon walking down the path from the parking lot, I veered to the left and spotted some wooden lounge chairs facing the lake.
I also took a photo of the lake from The Point where the Turtle, Dragon & Owl Rocks are situated.
I didn’t expect to see a mist waterfall while walking along the one-way path through the garden.
Middle Terrace & Brick Terrace
For me, the Channel Crossing across the lake was my favorite part to take photos on. We were lucky enough to see a large turtle in the water as we crossed from one side to another.
I love the simplicity of it all. How it connects two areas without being overdone. It’s primitive beauty is captivating.
Camera Gear for Photography at Innisfree Garden
If you know my work and the photographs on my website, you know that I exclusively use my iPhone (iPhone XR for this visit) for all the photos.
During this visit I used the following items/apps:
- Hohem Gimbal Stabilizer for iPhone
- iPhone case with Pop Socket
More Places to Explore in the Hudson Valley:
- A VISIT TO TREVOR ZOO
- TOP THINGS TO DO IN BEACON, NY
- TAKE A BOAT RIDE TO BANNERMAN CASTLE ON THE HUDSON RIVER
Tips for a Successful Visit to this Exceptional Millbrook Garden:
- Wear comfortable shoes. The ground you must cover to see is substantial, there are plenty of stone steps and the terrain is uneven. I had a day without incident wearing my Go-To sneakers.
- There are plenty of seats where you can sit and take a break.
- Be mindful of others around you. Social distancing is a must!
- Best time to enjoy the property is in the morning before it gets too hot, especially if you are visiting with children.
- There is a lot of shade at the garden, but it is always a good idea to bring a hat and sunblock on sunnier days.
362 Tyrrel Road
Millbrook, NY 12545
Until the Next Adventure…
Looking for Local Deals?
Take a look at Groupon and see what this week’s deals are.
Jackie is one of the top bloggers in the Hudson Valley. She has been featured (along with some of her photos) in several local and national publications. Read Jackie’s crazy story, “From a Naive NYC Girl to Popular Hudson Valley Blogger & Author“. Feel free to send Jackie a message here.