Hudson Valley in November: 10+ Incredible Reasons to Visit + Explore
The Hudson Valley in November is truly a month of magic and change. If we are lucky, we may start with mild weather at the beginning of the month and peak Fall Foliage. And then by the end of the month, winter is starting to set itself on the region. So, if you are looking for things to do in the Hudson Valley in November, check out the following options.
This article contains an affiliate link or two. I make a small commission for purchases made through links at no extra cost to you. Read my disclosure for more info.
What’s the weather like in the Hudson Valley in November
Because the Hudson Valley is such a big area, the weather can be significantly different in the lower Hudson Valley than in the upper Hudson Valley. For this reason, it’s always a good idea to check the weather specifically to where you are planning to visit.
Why Visit the Hudson Valley in November?
Here are my top 10+ Reasons why:
Albany Auto Show
Taking place from November 4th – 6th, the Albany Auto Show features more automotive brands and models (cars, trucks, minivans, sport-utilities, luxury, utility vehicles) of all shapes and sizes than anywhere else in the region, showcasing the latest features, options and styling from typically over 30 different manufacturers! And, additional exhibitor booths featuring auto-related products and services. If you’re a car enthusiast, then this is the place to be!
Craft Fairs & Holiday Markets
- Palisades Holiday Craft Bazaar: November 12th: 10am, Palisades Community Center, Palisades
Enjoy and shop unique handmade crafts this holiday season and visit the farm stand for fall treats at the Palisades Holiday Craft Bazaar, November 12 from 10am-4pm!
- Holiday Market: November 12th & 13th, 2022, Greenburgh Nature Center, Scarsdale
Get your holiday shopping done early this season by joining us on November 12th & 13th. Browse sustainable gifts from local artists and vendors while supporting the Nature Center and small businesses! This weekend also kicks off our annual Holiday Train Show weekends.
- Hudson Valley Hullabaloo: November 19th & 20th: 10am, 467 Broadway, Kingston
75 Makers, Artists, Designers and Artisan Food Purveyors. Music, Food, Photo Booth, Tintypes Portraits. $2 Admission/Kids 12 and under are free.
Hiking in the Hudson Valley
Depending on the year, the temps will be cooler and there still may be some fall colors lingering within the mountains of the Hudson Valley. Whether your a novice or expert, hiking is one of the more popular activities in the Hudson Valley in November. If you’re not sure where to hike, take a look at this article all about hiking in the Hudson Valley.
Holiday Lights at Harvest Moon Farm & Orchard
Starting November 18th, 2022 Harvest Moon Farm and Orchard in North Salem transforms into an Enchanted Forest. Filled with over 750,000 lights, whimsical creatures and lots of surprises. Be ready to step into a world of wonder. The natural landscape of the Orchard is a canvas for design and creative storytelling. The over 1/2 mile trail will delight and enchant. Check out their website for ticket information.
Coming in to visit the Hudson Valley? Find a discounted hotel with our friends at Expedia!
Holidays on the Hill Train Show
Starting on November 26th, don’t miss this train show at Lasdon Park and Arboretum in Katonah. With more than 5,000+ square feet of indoor and outdoor exhibit space that begins with a stroll through whimsical holiday exhibits leading to the Conservatory. Once inside, you will be surrounded by trains chugging along twelve multi-level tracks, over bridges, through tunnels, under waterfalls and by quaint holiday scenes all framed with colorful seasonal plants and decorations!
The best part is that Santa will also be there to see the children during their visit. Check their website to see the times allotted for the Santa visit so you can coordinate your visit to the train show. This is one of the most magical things to do in the Hudson Valley in November.
Hudson Valley Restaurant Week
Running from November 7th – 20th, 2022, this event should actually be called Hudson Valley Restaurant WeekS. Each Spring and Fall, 2 weeks are reserved for dining deals in the area. With hundreds of participating restaurants, there is something for everyone! Try and new restaurant or grab a great deal at a favorite spot. No matter what the reason, make sure to check out the list of participating restaurants because this is one of the best events to take place in the Hudson Valley in November.
Starting this month many of the local indoor, and some outdoor ice skating rinks are open for the season. Can you believe it??? Make sure to dress warmly with this cold weather gear when enjoying ice skating. Check out times and prices in my article all about Hudson Valley Ice Skating Rinks. This is a great thing to do in the Hudson Valley in November.
Stormville Antique Show & Flea Market
November 5th, 2022 is the last chance you get to experience the Stormville Airport Flea Market until next year. This incredible event is the largest flea market around and one of the best things to do in the Hudson Valley in November, because the weather is perfect for looking, shopping and having fun! Shoppers go to the flea market to discover everything from antiques, collectibles, arts and crafts, as well as new merchandise.
The Great Jack O’Lantern Blaze
This family friendly extraordinary event reaches it’s peak in October, but many people don’t know that the Great Jack O’Lantern Blaze continues through November. It actually ends on November 20th, 2022, so this is a great thing to do in the Hudson Valley in November because you may actually be able to get cheaper tickets than in October, especially if you’re okay with going during the week instead of the weekend.
Want the Inside Scoop of the Great Jack O’Lantern Blaze?
Reference this article all about what to expect when you go to this wonderful event!
Union Church of Pocantico Hills
If seeing art is more up your alley, why not grab a ticket to visit Union Church of Pocantico Hills. Offering tours until November 13th, 2022, you get to see a hidden gem in Westchester County. Stained-glass windows by European masters, commissioned by the Rockefeller family, adorn this unassuming country church. Henri Matisse’s last commissioned work, the Rose Window, and nine windows by Marc Chagall create a dramatic combination of light and color, art and spirituality. If you miss your chance to visit, don’t worry, tours begin again in May 2023.
Interested in Learning more about Union Church of Pocantico Hills?
Reference this article all about this quaint and quiet place that holds an artistic treasure.
The Wonder of Lights
Starting November 25th, 2022, The Wonder of Lights is a holiday drive-thru experience at the Dutchess County Fairgrounds in Rhinebeck. From tunnel displays to towering structures and whimsical designs, THE WONDERLAND OF LIGHTS continues to create a memorable experience for the entire family. This is a great events to start a new family tradition and if you go in November, you will probably beat most of the crowds.
Looking for Cold Weather Gear Perfect for exploring the Hudson Valley in November?
Check out all these great must-have items that will prepare you for any kind of weather.
Westchester’s Winter Wonderland Drive-Thru Holiday Light Extravaganza
Starting November 25th, 2022, Westchester’s Winter Wonderland is a 1.2 mile drive-thru experience filled with thousands of lights. This wonderful event is also for a great cause. Proceeds from this event directly benefit Westchester Parks Foundation and allow to advocate for and invest in the preservation, conservation, use, and enjoyment of the 18,000 acres of parks, trails, and open spaces within the Westchester County Parks system. This a great way to end the month with a bang and really enjoy the Hudson Valley in November.
Although the chillier air settles in the region in November, it does not discourage people from getting out, especially if it includes wine. The following Wine Festivals take place in November:
- Beer, Whiskey and Wine Festival: Barton Orchards last festival of the season is a good one. Stop by the farm in Poughquag on November 5th, 2022 and see for yourself. They will feature dozens of different beers from Breweries all across the world, will have distillery’s from the Hudson Valley and beyond sampling their finest Whiskey and spirits, and lots of wineries from all over New York! Admission sold at the gate only.
- Sunset Sensations Wine & Food Event: Visit Locust Grove in Poughkeepsie on November 10th, 2022 and enjoy a magnificent Hudson River Sunset while sipping fine wines paired with culinary creations. Visitors are also treated to cooking demonstrations.
- Peripheral Natural Wine Festival: The area’s only natural wine festival, Kitty’s Market in Hudson will be buzzing with excitement on Saturday, November 12th, 2022. Learn about and celebrate naturally fermented beverages made by small producers from near and far.
- The Apples and Wine Festival: Weed Orchards in Marlboro continues its yearly festivals with this one on November 12th, 2022. The Apples and Wine Festival will be a special experience where guests can pick-your-own apples, enjoy delicious apple food & drinks specials, enjoy live music, and beautiful views at the farm and winery. Tickets prices and information can be found on their website.
- The Poughkeepsie Wine Festival is a wonderful event taking place on November 19th, 2022. Included with the price of admission are unlimited sampling of Wine, Spirits, Cider, Specialty Foods; a Paint and Sip attraction; a Swedish Chocolate Fountain (2 tickets included but you can buy more); and DJ with photo-booth. Plan to purchase your favorite items for take-home, as well as on-site full meal concessions.
Looking for more Hudson Valley Wineries?
Take a look at this article for the Ultimate list of wineries in the Hudson Valley.
Tips for Enjoying the Hudson Valley in November:
- Double check all information on each individual website (links provided in the article)
- Buy your tickets early for ticketed events, as they often sell out quickly.
- Because the weather can cange drastically from one day to the next, be prepared with appropriate shoes and outerwear, like these favorite shoes and jackets.
Get 10% off clothing & More from My Etsy Shop
using code: HVLOVE
Until the Next Time…
PIN IT FOR LATER!