Glorie Farm Winery:
Wine Tasting, Views & Food in Ulster County
Let’s talk wine. The picturesque views of the Hudson Valley paired with first-class wine are the perfect combination for a day out. And what better place to showcase these two than at Glorie Farm Winery in Marlboro NY.
This quaint farm winery nestled in the mountains of Ulster County is the perfect place to unwind and enjoy an afternoon of thrilling views and delicious wine.
This article contains affiliate links. I make a small commissions for purchases made through links at no extra cost to you.
Read my disclosure for more info.
Fridays from 2pm – 8pm
Saturdays & Sundays from 11am – 5:30pm
Essentials you need for any Hudson Valley Outing:
Personalized Hudson Valley Directory
Personalized Hudson Valley T-shirts
101+ Things to do in the HV for $10 or less
Click below to see items I always have during my Hudson Valley Outings:
- Because ‘you never know’ when an accident happens, you need this product in your life. This is a great buy for under $15
- If you’re going to be out all day exploring, you never REALLY know what the weather will be like. Even if you think you do know, this is an essential item. This is another great buy for under $15.
- My favorite walking shoes, by far, are these because they are soft and the memory foam feels great on my feet.
Visiting Glorie Farm Winery:
Things to Know Before you Visit to Glorie Farm Winery:
- Glorie Farm Winery is open seasonally. Check their website for exact dates.
- Tastings take place outdoors and tables/chairs are appropriately distanced.
- There is ample FREE parking on the premises.
- Your visit begins at the Welcome Table where you will be given your souvenir glasses.
- Farm to table picnic menu from Chef Caite Whitbeck of Goddess and Fool
- Glorie Farm Winery does not only offer wine tastings, they also offer tastings of their hard cider and several spirits, including their own gin (vodka, bourbon, & whiskey)
Where is Glorie Farm Winery?
Glorie Farm Winery is a special farm winery located in the mountains of Marlboro, NY in Ulster County.
This private oasis is small enough to make to feel exclusive and large enough to offer a magnificent selection of wine.
Located in southern Ulster County, Glorie Farm Winery is close enough to Orange County NY and is an ideal location for a day trip from New York City.
40 Mountain Road
Marlboro, NY 12542
Ulster County Guide
Reference this Ulster County Guide to the best towns in the county before making any plans in the Mid-Hudson Valley. In addition to a list of places to see, I include practical tips for having a successful outing.
About Glorie Farm Winery
After being put up for sale in 2019, Glorie Farm Winery was lucky to start a new chapter if its life with current owners, Dan Heavens & Jacqui Ferreri Heavens.
This amazing couple have worked so hard to continue to build on what Glorie Farm Winery is.
Since 1979, Glorie Farm became a fruit farm and the winery was born from that in 2004.
What to do & drink at Glorie Farm Winery:
Upon arriving to this wonderful wine winery, the first thing that I noticed is that there are several places to park along the property.
Although I have been used to parking away from the outdoor space, like at Benmarl Winery, this actually worked well because it meant we did not need to walk a long way to the car after purchasing several bottles of wine. 😉
What to Expect Upon arriving at Glorie Farm Winery
Once parked, you check in at the welcome area and are greeted by the wonderful staff.
We were given an extensive list of wines that are included in our tasting. (see below)
Outdoor Tasting Area
Because of the COVID-19 Pandemic, tastings are currently being done outside.
Although having an indoor tasting room, do to safety of guests and employees, it can not be accessed at this time.
The picnic tables are separated from each other throughout the property and each table guarantees a perfect view of the Hudson Valley.
We chose the picnic table farthest to the parking away and also farthest away from other people, particularly tables that had groups. We found the area that we chose perfect because it was close enough to see the amazing views of the Hudson Valley and also right alongside the apple trees and grape vines.
It was a win-win for us.
What are the wines offered in the tasting?
Upon arriving at Glorie farm winery we were offered a listing the wines available for each tasting. The selection of wines were explained to us and were given an opportunity to find our covered picnic table while we discussed what we would do.
The list included three different tastings:
- The Dry Wine Tasting
- The Sweet Wine Tasting
- Fruit Wine Tasting
- The Premium Wine Tasting
- Cider/Perry Tasting
There was no difference in price between the Dry Wine and the Sweet Wine Tastings ($20 at the time of this posting), but the Premium Wine Tasting was $25 (at the time of this posting).
We chose both the Sweet Wine Tasting and the Premium Wine Tasting, because I love sweet wines and Pinot Noir.
The Wines included in the tasting during our visit included:
Sweet Wine Tasting
Premium Wine Tasting
- Lunar White
- Berries & Grapes
- Candy Ass Red
- Pinot Noir 2018
- Cabernet Franc 2018 Sunrise Block
- Cabernet Franc 2018 Sunset Block
- Cabernet Franc 2017
What did we think of the wines at Glorie Farm Winery
We enjoyed all the wines that we tasted, but like everything else, we had our favorites. From the wines that we tasted above, these were our favorites:
- Berries & Grapes
- Cabernet Franc 2017
Service during the Wine Tasting
Like I stated previously, my hubby and I chose a table off to the side. Because of this, we were able to view the majority of the people that were there for tastings.
The service was impeccable. Our server was not only attentive, but was so friendly and personable. He did a wonderful job of keeping our glasses ‘full’ and also knew so much about each wine he poured for us.
It was truly a wonderful experience that we have not had at any other winery.
Make a statement on your Next Outing with
These Exclusive HVE Products
Food Options during Visit
Although outside food is allowed at Glorie Farm Winery, their new exclusive farm to table picnic menu from Chef Caite Whitbeck of Goddess and Fool is something everyone should try.
They also have hummus, cheese, fig jam, crackers, and fresh fruit.
The Goddess and Fool Menu includes:
- Local Herbed Goat Cheese
- Walnut Pesto
- Sun dried Tomato Bruschetta
- Hudson Valley Pork Rillettes
- Picnic Antipasti
Live Music at Glorie Farm Winery
Live music takes place every Friday 4:30-7:30; Saturday, Sunday afternoon 1:30-4:30 to complement your wine tasting!
This is the best way to spend an afternoon enjoying wine and the amazing views.
Can you purchase wines after the tasting is done?
Purchase all that you want.
We left with several bottles of our favorites (Berries & Grapes, Blackjack! & Cabernet Franc 2017).
Things to Do near Glorie Farm winery:
- WHAT TO SEE & DO AT WALKWAY OVER THE HUDSON
- A UNIQUE FEATURE THAT CAN ONLY BE FOUND ON THE MID-HUDSON BRIDGE
- TAKE THE AFTERNOON TO EXPLORE DIA:BEACON
Tips for a Successful Visit to Glorie Farm Winery:
- Prepare for any type of weather during your visit. Although set atop Marlboro, NY, weather can change quickly and drastically. We took a light sweater, a hat and sunglasses for our visit in October.
- Ask the staff questions. Our experience was that the servers and staff are eager to help and have extensive knowledge of the wines.
- Take lots of photos. The scenery is spectacular.
GLORIE FARM WINERY
40 Mountain Road, Marlboro, NY
Until the Next Adventure…
Jackie is one of the top bloggers in the Hudson Valley. She has been featured (along with some of her photos) in several local and national publications. Read Jackie’s crazy story, “From a Naive NYC Girl to Popular Hudson Valley Blogger & Author“. Feel free to send Jackie a message here.