Explore the Hudson Valley Like a Pro with these 6 Easy steps
Welcome to HudsonValleyExplored.com!
My name is Jackie and I am honored that you would take the time to explore the Hudson Valley with me and my family.
My reason for creating this site is to spotlight all of the fantastic opportunities the Hudson Valley has to offer for adventures. I want to encourage people visiting to make the most of their trip here and those that live here to take more time to explore this fantastic region of New York State.
I have been running this site for over four years, and I know it can be pretty overwhelming to get through all the articles on the site. Let me help you to get to know the website by showing you some of the best content and giving you some resources to engage with.
From information on how to visit the best places in any town or city to seeing the area’s natural beauty through my photos to purchasing ‘one of a kind’ merchandise, this website, all about the Hudson River Valley, is a one-stop-shop for visitors and New Yorkers alike.
Step 1 – Join My Community
If you don’t have time to explore the website to its fullest right now, be sure to join my community by subscribing to my email newsletter and connecting with my social media channels. This is guaranteed, one of the best ways, to explore the Hudson Valley with the help from others.
This is a great way to follow along as I explore and document more places to explore in the Hudson Valley and connect with other explorers.
Step 2 – What Type of Adventure are you interested in?
Whether you are looking for a road trip, hike or museum in the Hudson Valley, you can find some of the best content in each section below.
Being that the Hudson Valley is not very far from New York City, many of the activities may seem as if they overlap.
- Experience the diversity of Hudson Valley Museums
- A wonderful visit to Magazzino Italian Art
- Things to see and do at DIA: Beacon
- The treasure inside Union Church of Pocantico Hills
- Enjoying the music at the Falcon in Ulster County
- Discover why people come from all parts to visit Storm King Art Center
- Discover some Instagram-Worthy Places to visit now
- Find the best places for a romantic date
- The science of making candles has been made cool by this unique shop
- These Hudson Valley Breweries offer more than just a good beer
- An Insider’s Look at the most inspiring castles in the Hudson Valley and New York State
- The popularity of drive-ins is still alive in the Hudson Valley
- Experience the magic of the Hudson Valley Renaissance Faire
- The Best things to do at the Dutchess County Fair
- Why the Newburgh Illuminated Festival is a great way to kick off summer
- The Ultimate List of Hudson Valley Wineries
- These Hudson Valley Cideries are popular all year long
- These Hudson Valley Farms are the place to be to pick fruit
- Pick your own cherries at these great Hudson Valley farms
- Visit an award winning distillery right in Beacon
- Visit to the National Purple Heart Hall of Honor and see what it’s all about
- A list of free things to do in the Hudson Valley
- A list of free things for kids in Westchester County
- See why people visit and enjoy the Walkway over the Hudson
- Visiting the West Point Museum
- The magic of a visit to Bannerman Castle on the Hudson
- 20+ Hudson Valley Historic Sites that offer so much to its visitors
- Seeing the view that Washington did at the Washington’s Headquarters in Newburgh
- The Ultimate list of Hudson Valley ice cream shop you need now
- Fun Activities everyone will enjoy at the Palisades Center Mall
- Find a great Hudson Valley Park that you can visit all year long
- Bear Mountain Activities that are fun for all
- All the things that you can do with a visit to Stony Kill Farm
- The Ultimate List of Hudson Valley Farmers Markets
- This list of Hudson Valley Events will keep you busy all year long
- The Best Things to do in Cold Spring, NY
- Shops, Food, Museums are just a few things to do in Beacon NY
- These indoor activities will keep you busy when the weather outside is bad
- Dog-friendly things to do in the Hudson Valley
- This list of Hudson Valley Museums will keep you busy all year long
- The Westchester Children’s Museum is a great place to visit in Rye, NY
- See why the Mid-Hudson Children’s Museum is such a popular place for families
- Things to see and do at the Hudson River Museum
- The ultimate list of the best places to hike in the Hudson Valley
- Check out this list of parks before you head out the door
- Why these sunflower fields are so popular during the summer
- If you love alpacas, then this is the place for you!
- Tips for exploring the Hudson Valley (that you may not have thought of)
- Road trip tips and essentials everyone needs to know about
- These Hudson Valley Deals should not be missed!
- The best places to catch Fall Foliage
Step 3 – Watch some Videos
Over the last year, I have been making videos for my YouTube Channel of my time exploring the Hudson Valley. Watching these videos is a great way to see what I am doing and to get inspired to explore more of the Hudson Valley yourself.
Videos include visits to West Point, New York State Parks, the Walkway over the Hudson (The longest pedestrian bridge) and videos showcasing the beautiful scenery and the best things to do in many counties, including Dutchess County.
Step 4 – Search for your Next Adventure with my Search Bar
If you already know where you want to go, search the site to see what I have written about that area or adventure.
This 10-county region is full of the best things to do for any interest:
- Miles of trails for the outdoor recreation
- Small coffee shops and dining options on every Main Street so you can eat and drink like a local
- Formal gardens and historic sites with historic homes galore, many along the banks of the Hudson River
- Live Music plus the oldest wine makers in the Hudson Valley Region
- An exuberant farmer’s market scene
- A real city break for art lovers to discover art galleries, as well as the magnificent scenery that Thomas Cole spent years painting
Step 5 – Buy some Hudson Valley Merchandise
Who said you can’t look great while you explore the Hudson Valley?
My Exclusive Hudson Valley Merchandise is the best way to show your HV Pride while out and about.
Step 6 – Sign up and Download a Free Resource
Step 7 – Up your Game with a Premier Resource
If you are ready to take your exploration to the NEXT LEVEL, may I suggest browsing my most popular digital resources.
- Rhinebeck (home of the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome)
- Hyde Park (the home of the Presidential Library of Franklin D. Roosevelt and Vanderbilt Mansion National Historic Site, as well as, the Culinary Institute of America)
- New Windsor (home to Storm King Art Center)
- West Point (home of the United States Military Academy)
- Cold Spring (home to Magazzino Italian Art)
- Sleepy Hollow (the home of the Legend of Sleepy Hollow, the Headless Horseman, the Rockefeller Estate, Sleepy Hollow Cemetery – where Washington Irving is buried.
It’s no wonder that National Geographic Traveler named the Hudson Valley one of the Top places to visit in the world.
The history of the Hudson Valley can be seen in Hudson River towns, in its people, special events and so much more. I can’t think of a better way to spend my personal time, then exploring the Hudson Valley – it’s where I have spent most of my life and I wouldn’t have wanted it any other way.
That’s enough of my babbling…
Now go out and have fun!